Apple TV app

For training with videos that approach really sucks. The apps data fields on the TV are just enormous and take away the immersions into the great sufferfest video and music. A true Apple TV interface will have small but readable data fields that leaves lots of space for the content. I tried the iPhone mirroring and was not impressed at all.

1 Like

I tend to disagree. In terms of reliability the BT connection for ATV has been pretty bad, frequent sensor drops.
Also using power from the trainer wouldn’t be my preferred setup, so having to connect power meter AND trainer is a must.
It looks like an appealing solution overall, I agree, but as I said my experience using it with Zwift has been sub par.

1 Like

I have no BT connexion issues. I use Apple TV 4K, Tacx Neo, Wahoo arm strap HRM. Power from the Neo is fine and in line with my Stages gen 3 power meter, as it should be, so it does not matter which I use.

2 Likes

I can second no issues with bt connections on apple tv 4k. Trainer does power, speed, cadence, wahoo tickr chest strap does hrm (not my first choice, but it was free :sunglasses:).

I’d rather use apple watch, but BlueHeart workaround is so iffy, I lost about 3-4mins out of 9min break during Knighthood due to having to reset BlueHeart & suff app for every video). Ended up deleting BlueHeart.

Apple tv gui would definitely be the ultimate suff experience and one less battery powered device to worry about for screen mirroring.

2 Likes