Categories - any more needed?

Is it worth adding a ‘general chat’ category for when we’re just shooting the breeze about stuff outside the main categories already added?

At the moment I guess that’s just ‘uncategorized’.
‘Chat’ category is common as a thing in forums.

3 Likes

I’m curious to see what others think about this. I was wondering the same but figured that uncategorized was essentially the same thing. We could always bring back the 9 Hammers Tavern. :wink:

2 Likes

Uncategorized can be lots of things - poster didn’t choose a category (99%), poster couldn’t find a category to fit their topic (review the categories), general SUF chat (9H Tavern), not-at-all SUF related chat (er?), poster wants to share pictures of GvA’s cat (weirdo) etc. I think a few more categories would be a good thing even if most posts will end up in uncategorized. And categories can be applied retrospectively if they genuinely shouldn’t be in the uncategorized category if need be. Except GvA’s category, nobody wants to go there.

1 Like

Which categories are we missing other than chat?

1 Like

Somewhere for couchroach sighting reports would probably be good (ignore that I originally said coachroach there, don’t want my targets turned up to 12!!)

1 Like

I think it will evolve organically. A topic we commonly see is hardware/tech issues (as opposed to the actual app) - maybe there’s room to separate it from the software and training content.

1 Like

Although I see that “The Sufferfest Software” covers that. Not a category I’d see myself choosing for a typo in a video…

1 Like

Left that category pretty broad at the outset intentionally. Maybe The Sufferfest App is better?

1 Like

There’s a Knighthood Quest topic in Training. Like most topics that’ll likely get lost in the mists of misery so should it be a category? Plans, yoga, strength, Knighthood etc all have their own spaces in FB right now…

3 Likes

Better but a specific subcategory, like the feature request one, for bug reports that can be selected by the OP or retrospectively applied by mods might help you keep track of things

2 Likes

Yes, also undoubtedly we’ll see a lot of support-related issues that could probably be better off in their own Cat - otherwise it dilutes and distracts from the discussion.
But forums are organic, they will evolve to represent their inhabitants - like Sir @JamesT says, we can always retroactively assign and categorize to keep things organized and easy to navigate.

1 Like

Lol. Was worth asking anyway !

9H Tavern sounds good for chat. Agree uncategorised is then properly uncategorised.

I believe Discourse can support WIKI type topic - perhaps an FAQ in the style of an editable WIKI - may prove useful, to save the same questions getting asked over and over.

Another +1 for the 9H Tavern :beers:

2 Likes

Yes, wiki is a great suggestion Sir @John

1 Like

Given the latest developments and to stay current in the world, perhaps a Diversity & Visibility (“Be seen or even better: Tavern at Courage Mines” could be names :slight_smile: ?) category? Something that allow those sufferlandrians that deal with mental health issues (ADHD, Depression, etc), or those that belong to LGBTQ+, or have a different skin color, or have skin conditions (Nf1, Vitiligo, Psoriasis) etc?

And who knows, maybe we find inspiring, challenging, encouraging stories on how cycling saved somebody’s life (Certaintly did so with mine), and found a better community, and in Sufferlandria a place where they feel that they can belong!

wdyt?

1 Like

Wiki sounds good +1

Martin.

foursixnine
June 30

Given the latest developments and to stay current in the world, perhaps a Diversity & Visibility (“Be seen or even better: Tavern at Courage Mines” could be names :slight_smile:?) category? Something that allow those sufferlandrians that deal with mental health issues (ADHD, Depression, etc), or those that belong to LGBTQ+, or have a different skin color, or have skin issues (Nf1, Vitiligo, Psoriasis) etc?

And who knows, maybe we find inspiring, challenging, encouraging stories on how cycling saved somebody’s life (Certaintly did so with mine), and found a better community, and in Sufferlandria a place where they feel that they can belong!

wdyt?

Let’s see if I am doing this right.

I agree with having a 9H tavern general chat topic, also agree with the tech support topic and knighthood quest support Is there one for Sufferfest official announcements? I always find those hard to find on Facebook, esp after a while.

Also should there be one for each TOS?

@David.McQuillen.KoS as we’ve launched this formally inside the old Yoga FB page, should we have a Yoga category specifically?

One other vote for the different area categories I.e yoga strength please…

3 Likes

The Nine Hammers Tavern is open for business!

2 Likes