Eric Baber KoS Status Update

Sufferlandria,
I don’t know if you remember me from the FB groups, but my name is Sir Eric Baber, KoS since 24 March 2019. I have since left all social media, so I am posting an update here.

June 15, 2019, I crashed. Hard (the only way I knew how to do things)…I broke my neck in two places (C1, and C7), my jaw in 3 places, most of the bones on the right side of my face, and watched 8 teeth fall out as I slumped on the side of the road. But in true Sufferlandrian fashion, I never lost consciousness, and in fact I WALKED into the ambulance. It was a miracle to say the least, doctors couldn’t explain how I didn’t die on impact, from loss of blood, or any of the other looooongggg list of other items that could have taken my life.

The SUF community was awesome. My wife posted on my behalf and the SUF Community responded in such an amazing way. I received my favorite headwarmer (Sufferlandrian Recovering), stickers, nay decals, and countless letters and words of encouragement. SUF FB groups were the only thing keeping me on social media and I miss them dearly. I am so glad that there is an alternative SUF community here.

Alas I will not be able to do ToS 2021. I have had 15 surgeries and I am scheduled to have another. This one is for more bone grafts in my jaw and upper palate, and implants. Unfortunately my medical insurance denied coverage of the surgery. Even though many people told me to open a gofundme page initially, I wanted to try to fund it all on my own, after all it was my crash. Medical bills and debt from lost income was initially tolerable, but now we have about $20k and I need to come up with another $30k in the next four months. !

Despite the Sufferlandrian in me HATES to ask for help, I am asking for every Sufferlandrian’s help. Here is my gofundme page. Would someone share on the FB SUF groups for me, also if you feel called to, share on your own personal social media on my behalf?

Hopefully I will see you around the tavern!
Eric Baber

Suf Feb 2020|500x500

7 Likes

You’d be hard to forget @SirEricBaber! I wish you only the best of luck on your surgeries and your gofundme page.

1 Like

All the best Sir and heal up well.

:+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sir Eric,
I remember your Facebook posts very well. It has been a very long way for you to recover and all the efforts of you and your family are truly a story of suffering and hope.

I just added a small amount to your fundraising.
All the best for you.

Sir Oliver

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I remember the FB posts from your wife. I hope your next surgeries are successful. Donated a bit to help get you there.
Wishing you and your family all the best!

1 Like

Thank you! It has been a long and difficult road…lots of non-SUF suffering.

1 Like

Thank you so much Diana! Every bit helps! It really is amazing how good can come from suffering, even the non-SUF suffering. The family is all doing very well, the crash has resulted in a major transformation in my family, and we are filled with so much joy! Thank you so much!

Sir OIiver, Thank you so much! It has been a long road, longer, and even harder than the path to the SUF castle. Thank you so much for your support!

Thank you Sir Glen! I can’t wait till this is all behind me and all it will be is another amazing story to tell over a pint a the 9 hammers tavern! :smile: (with no front teeth, yet).

1 Like

the thing about front teeth ith you don’t realithe jutht how much you need them until thomeone thayth thomething that jutht doethn’t thit right with you. Cheerth to a pint at the Nine Hammerth :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

HA! I am cracking up right now. So true. The worst part is that it constantly feels like I just have been to the dentist. . .numb all the time from middle of my nose, to mid cheek (left right), to just below my chin…it makes pronouncing certain words and syllables nearly impossible. Eating? Forget about it. It is like going to Sea World, there is a splash zone… :rofl:

1 Like

Wishing you and your family well Sir Eric. I’m very sorry about the insurance issues and I’m happy to donate😊

1 Like

Thank you so much Janis!

1 Like