Family packs

Hey Minions

Have you thought about doing a family pack so that everyone can suffer? Other (lesser) apps do it. Will Sufferfest please?

2 Likes

Family packs would be interesting as I have my daughter using SUF right now.

out of interest - what kind of offers to other indoor cycling platforms have so we can get a sense of it?

I know Zwift don’t (or didn’t) when I used it. But I’ve never looked at the others so would be cool to know

1 Like

Rouvy allow 3 users on a premium plan. From memory they also limit total devices to 5.

1 Like

Zwift have free child accounts for those under 16.
Of my three kids, two are Zwifters.
This, by the way, makes for a fantastic reason to convince my SO that we need more trainers and expand the Torture Chamber. :smirk:

4 Likes

My son uses the free zwift account. Its great for getting them on the turbo trainer.

2 Likes

Yeah - minors get a year free thing is handy for specific ages - full price though if your kids are older. Still a ‘thing’ though eh that could be a useful future tool for us

Rouvy - that’s interesting - I’m sure two or three people could manage with 5 devices :slight_smile:
Def worth knowing about - and around the same cost (not going there Obvs !!)

Martin.

My wife and son currently use a Rouvy family account. I don’t, for obvious reasons. Think SF would do well in getting younger talent into the national team if it did the same thing.

1 Like

Hopefully SUF allows the yearly plan to tag along a family member in the future… especially those spouse who occasionally ride to get a feel of the torture chamber…

4 Likes

I would love a scaled down/reduced price kids’ account, especially in the event that schools close again this year or PE is modified to an at-home independent study project. At the very least the latter looks likely for us, and we have snowy winters here in the northeast US.

My son found zwift boring, and I think he would appreciate the sufferlandrian sense of humor. Even if it was a limited number of rides + beginner yoga + beginner strength. It’s going to remain important to support a healthy immune system as we head into fall/winter!

Michelle R.

4 Likes

I have the same issue and with only one trainer it isn’t like we are going to ride at the same time. Unless there is a family plan I am avoiding the platforms. The issue with Rouvy though is the lack of quality in the app’s but I have figured out what to do to work around the problems for now.

Hopefully Sufferfest listens to these posts and comes up with an option.

BigRingVR offers family subscription.

A great idea actually.
E.g. my wife enjoys some sessions time to time, like Open one with footage from Mike (Col Collective), Elements of Style and a few others - could be nice to give her ability to have her own records. We are not considering getting another account thou, as she trains rather sporadically.