First Suff workout and favorite workout

@ScottF NEVER think it’s going to be easier because it’s shorter! The 30 minute workouts are primed for absolute destruction!

4 Likes

Me too. I’ve just finished SUF Idol and think that the “mini-Shovel” vibe it has is brilliant. The Cure is another favourite of mine too - absolutely superb if you’re time-pressed and great fun.

2 Likes

I began with the novice Training programme which starts with The Way Out. Still live the music and scenery on it.

Favourite at the moment is The Omnium. A bit of everything and the vid is great.

Old favourites that I keep returning to are Chores, Revolver, Do as you’re Told, Half is Easy - short burst stuff that avoids too much stamina work! A very dark place is my nemises vid. Along with Full frontal of course!

I generally have to use my own music though as I find the vid music a bit, well you know, a bit …

Lots of recommendations for Team Scream on here - must check it out again.

1 Like

Started with The Way Out. I really like GOAT and The Chores. Very hard to pick a fave!

1 Like

First was Angels on Perceived exertion…That was a hard without a pacing point of reference!!!

New favorite is Defender one week after HM, it’s like walking on the edge, then falling and hanging off the edge for 4 minutes, climbing back up and then get thrown off all over again! 4 times!!!

2 Likes

My First Workout was in an embassy doing The Best Thing in The World (I thought the workout was finished after the first race so really suffered during part 2!)

There are so many to pick from now but I always enjoy the Rookie!

2 Likes

First (at least that I remember) was the original downward spiral, the music from the remastered brings back memories of warming up in that aussie crit.

Favourite is do as you’re told. Just one of those workouts where I can usually hit the numbers and come out feeling like I’ve nailed it. TINT is a close second, also the rookie. Angels without the under overs would be up there too

1 Like

First == Downward Spiral (ultimate SUF gateway drug)

Favorite == The Chores

1 Like

I think DAYT also has that mini-Shovel vibe.

1 Like

My first was revolver. Still love it but team screams is really my favorite even if today I wasn’t able to do it without breaks. I will do it soon again and this time nail it.

1 Like

My first was “Getting Away with It” and my favorite is GOAT. I’m a Cotty Gal.

1 Like

I just took a look through the email and found my first download code for Angels back in Oct 2012. I’ve been here for a while it seems!

And without a doubt my favorite workout now is butter. A good mix of MAP and threshold, nothing too crazy but still a great workout. And a soundtrack that really gets me amped up!

2 Likes

My first was Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now, circa 2010, getting its title from The Smiths song and borrowing interspersed footage from an anime bike race. It bears little resemblance to SUF videos of today but remains a favorite for me, requiring at least an annual pilgrimage/penance—which, incidentally, stream just fine on my Apple TV. :wink:

Current favorite is probably Team Scream, though I also like a good chunk of the no-vid workouts for their straight-up simplicity.

In short, SUF has come a LONG way in the past ten years, and I’ve really enjoyed the ride & changes made.

2 Likes

My very first Sufferfest workout was may 19th 2019 and it was Igniter according to the passport of activity. I had never been on a smart trainer before and had no idea what to do or what was about to come at me. Since in all reality this is essentially a warm up to the real thing I am also going to provide my first actual workout activity as well too, which was mini blender on 28 June 2019. So I have only been at this for a year and the improvements I have seen have been remarkable. looking forward to another year with sufferfest to get me through the midwest winters and into spring.

1 Like

Also love the new Fight Club. And while Lizzie certainly attacks with the best of them, I think you could have left in a few more clips of Chloe passing somebody else during the ITT - but that’s just me :slight_smile: But yes, a great re-boot!!

1 Like

First was Getting Away With It because I’d stumbled across the Col Collective on Youtube and thought following Mike Cotty around would be a good start. I probably love too many of them to just list one as a favorite, but Butter and Mini-Blender would be up there for sure.

2 Likes

My first was Butter and I thought I’m totally in and joining this app. My favourite is Teamscream. I love the the time trial.

2 Likes

First was “The Wretched” downloaded and going by RPE (Heart Rate and Cadence) with NO Power Meter and a Dumb Trainer!! I still remember the first time doing the session with a PM and realising what hard really was!!

Favourite is probably ISLAGIATT (Music - Story Line - Visuals … ON POINT!!!) and then Thin Air (Again: Music - Visuals - Story Line)

Looking at the app stats the following are completed the most: Nine Hammers, TBTITW, The Omnium and The Chores

3 Likes

I’ve only been here since March 30, so I’m still experiencing new workouts. I did Cadence Builds first, just to see how everything worked. Then I did Igniter and Joyride before doing my first 4DP.

As far as my favorite, so far… I always like to see Defender come up. Who Dares, Joyride, ISLAGIATT, and Thin Air are also some of my favorites. Hmm… Seems to be a pattern there. The Hunted and Butter are also pretty high up.

1 Like

Great vids, I highly recommend Angels and The Wretched based on that!

2 Likes