Hi there, fellow Sufferlandrians
You know, I just listened to this podcast about cycling and performance and came up with the following questions:
- Why is the aerobic threshold not typically taken into account when assessing fitness level/evolution?
- Is it because its value is implicit or directly dependant on where our fitness level is at any given time (and characterised by other indicators such as VO2 max)?
- If not, is it possible to improve the aerobic threshold alone while FTP, VO2 max or any other indicators remain fixed?
- In such case, wouldn’t we be talking about being more efficient?
- Isn‘t it desirable to be more efficient?
- When and how train efficiency specifically?
- Is it a good approach when our FTP and VO2 max are stuck?
- How to measure aerobic threshold?
Sorry if I’m talking nonsense. I’m not expert at all in physiology but I’m always willing to learn about it.