FOTO (aka Fear of "The Omnium")

Since there is communication going on about Full Frontal Fear in the trainig section I want to report of experiencing F.O.T.O. last night after realising “The Omnium” was on the menu for today. That Fear of The Omnium almost got me a sleepless night. But I managed it this morning and felt very proud. Especially since the Kilo did not kill me and I almost made the last sprint except for the last three seconds or so.

8 Likes

New numbers needed

1 Like

Way ti go!

I confirm a positive for F.O.9.H. Here :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::scream:

3 Likes

I like the omnium because of the variety. I’ve broken my one minute record on it before. I quite like blender and all the mashups too. It’s the ones where the same thing is targeted again and again. The last minute in 9 hammers is vile. Never done it.

1 Like

Holger,
Well Done!!! I did it as well a few days ago. What an Epic Spin.
HooYah!!! to you and well done.

2 Likes

I fear the Omnium too. Destroys me every time. Prefer hammers and dark places.

1 Like

Have to say I had that same fear when it popped up in my training plan for what would be my second attempt - this time with higher power targets. I admit to considering reducing the numbers. But I decided to just give it a go at 100%, anyway, and be more forgiving of myself if I couldn’t hit all the numbers. Instead I rocked it with better numbers and less fatigue (both during and after) than the first time. I find this happens with almost every workout. The first time is always the worst. Except for The Shovel. The Shovel kills me every time. :hot_face:

2 Likes