Heart rate % adjustment

I am currently doing the All Purpose Road Training programme. It appears that when the ‘coaches’ adjust the effort on a training session (i.e. reduce the percentage of the FTP, MAP,AC and NM) the wattage is reduced but there appears to be no adjustment on the HR, why is this?

1 Like

Yes - I noticed that yesterday while doing a reduced FTP workout. I suspect that it just isn’t programmed to adjust. I wouldn’t worry about it if you are training with power.

1 Like

I imagine it’s because zones be adjust easily as a percentage i.e. 50% reduction in power isn’t 50% lower heart rate. I wouldn’t worry about heart rate too much in this context and concentrate on power.

1 Like

That’s the tack I’m taking. Prior to using power to drive my training, I would use HR, so have a reasonable grasp of where I should be. Thanks for the feedback though!

1 Like

Hey, thanks for mentioning this about the HR adjustments and I hope you’re getting something out of the reduced intensity workouts.
We have had a lot on our plates recently but this was on our radar and we are looking at the best way to deliver these reduced intensity sessions to you.

1 Like