Help in choosing the right plan

Hey, I need help choosing a training plan for the next 12 weeks. From the current 4dp test it turned out that I am a rider type: sprinter and my weakness is: VO2 (I finished the All-Purpose Road plan at intermediate level 7 months ago). What training plan to choose to make the best use of this time.
All-Purpose Road 12 Weeks + strength
Power Builder in combination with e.g. Speed Demon Plan?
I really want to use this period in 100%

Hey Daniel,
Choosing a plan depends on what your goal is. Please note though that the plans are tailored to your rider type (you can check this with the logo in the top right when you’re on the training plans tab).

• All purpose road: If you’ve done this already recently and saw results you could repeat with new numbers as it was 7 months ago but it depends on what you have been doing in between
  • Power Builder & Speed Demon: A good combination
  • If you really want to get 100% out of the next 12 weeks, a customized plan could be a great option for you too? Customised SUF Training Plans – The Sufferfest

Here is some extra info on rider types for you too:

2 Likes

After completing the All Purpose Road plan, I managed to increase my efficiency and strength by almost 23%, which I consider to be a great result. Unfortunately, during the 7-month break, I was more romantic cycling, which resulted in a drop in power again. Will the Power Builder & Speed Demon training plan be the same as the All purpose road plan building the body’s efficiency and improving the weakness of VO2?

Power builder plan:

This specialty plan has been designed by coach Mac Cassin to help CyclingWeekly presenter gain as much power as possible in just 6 weeks. The catch is doing it without sacrificing his weekly (unstructured) group rides he looks forward to each week.

Check out Part One of this project over on YouTube, and stay tuned for more!

All Purpose:

GOAL
To improve your on-bike fitness by incorporating twice weekly SUF Strength Training sessions

BEST FOR
Riders with at least two hours of riding a week for the previous 2 months and 3-6 hrs/wk available to train (total hours can change based on strength program selected)

TRAINING BLOCKS
2 weeks on, 1 week off

PLAN ENDS WITH
Full Frontal (Fitness Test)

SPECIAL NOTES

• All rides are scheduled to be completed indoors, with the longest sessions occurring over the weekend (assuming a Monday start date or Sunday end date).
  • This plan is designed specifically to incorporate our SUFSTR training progression. You can learn more about our SUFSTR here.

Another one to consider: Metric century if you want to do some outdoor riding

GOAL
To get you ready for a ride/event of 60 miles and less than 1,500 meters of climbing

BEST FOR
Riders with at least four hours of riding a week for the previous 2 months, have 5-9 hrs/wk available to train, and can ride outside over the weekend

TRAINING BLOCKS
2 weeks on, 1 week off

PLAN ENDS WITH
Event day: metric century

SPECIAL NOTES
This plan contains a mix of indoor and outdoor rides, with the longest sessions being outdoors and occurring over the weekend as long as you select a Sunday as the end date.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Power builder and speed demon a good combination. Could you explain a little please. Would both plans be loaded in the diary with the same start date, or would one plan follow the other?

@alchurch I read that as one plan after the other.

1 Like

Yep definitely one after the other.