How I felt After Full Frontal Today

so I did mine 2 days ago and they are slightly down since my last test which I expected and I just look at is as a bench mark for starting out a new plan and as always the big thing anyway for me is to loose more weight. @aaron.johnson I hope you didn’t mind me referencing your results it’s to understand the science behind the results.

Aarron has 219w for FTP and 299 for MAP and MAP is in the exceptional range
I have 241 FTP and 283 MAP and MAP is in the Modest range. Is this because of the ratio or my weight?

@Coach.Spencer.R @Coach.Mac.C @Coach.Suzie.S :wink:

I think JamesT already answered this.

Nicely done Mr Johnson (@aaron.johnson). And the LTHR probably goes some way to telling you you worked hard (yes yes I know, HR variable and all thatbefore someone kicks me)
Can’t even comprehend those kind of AC/NM numbers - and that’s despite having precisely the same MAP - so go crush stuff …

All forms of tests like this make me nervous, and I’d say I go through a similar mental process as you described (depending on results - beat myself up for a day, then get on with it, or sometimes be happy, then get on with it)

I’ve also done the power off thing once, which ended up kinda ‘ok’, but made it a different test for me, so I’ve gone back to numbers, and giving myself a target. However we do this, doing it ‘comparably’ helps I think.

I also think it’s no big deal doing it ‘more’, as it helps us get used to that effort level. But that’s just me.

Anyway - cracking result - and you must’ve worked hard … that LTHR didn’t come from eating sandwiches and chatting to the person next to you while spinning quietly

1 Like

Just spotted that it also says this right below the graph. Saves hunting around for the training article.

1 Like

“I think what kept me from doing the test again is my fear of losing AC, which will happen if I go really deep at the FTP. Plus trainings that focus on FTP will become harder in the future”

I wouldn’t worry about this since I believe the test protocol actually relies on you burying yourself in the FTP interval to then give an accurate AC power. So if you hold back on the FTP you will simply get an exaggerated AC reading. So you may well see a lower AC after giving it everything in FTP, but it will be a more true test. Same goes for MAP, you have to bury yourself there too otherwise you will get inaccurate FTP.

1 Like

Hey Buddy, no need to beat yourself up mentally, I agree with that. But I can promise you I beat myself up physically every time I do one of these test! Last time I went so deep I thought I’ll never go that deep again, but now a few weeks on I can’t exactly remember the pain or the nausea after…so I guess next time I’ll beat myself up physically once again :wink:

2 Likes

That part of the test is not only a measure of AC, but it is also a measure of how well you can recover from repeated efforts.

2 Likes