Post KOS recovery

Tips please…thanks :blush:

2 Likes

Rest…believe it or not your body will tell you it wants to get back on. We’re a sick bunch!

3 Likes

I think there was a solid 2 weeks I went without riding at all. Now, it was February in Canada so…

3 Likes

Despite not feeling too bad, I found myself with random “appearing/disappearing” aches and pains over the week following my KoS, so I ramped things down considerably to avoid any long-lasting injuries. My suggestion would be recovery yoga and some walks around the neighborhood for the next few days. You can then hop on for a recovery spin or two at the end of the week to see how your body feels.

Also eat well and sleep as much as you can!

2 Likes

I developed tendonitis in my knees around stage 6/7 of my KOS in Nov. And it was the holidays. So, i took the next 2 weeks completely off my bike. After that I did only 3 rides per week over the following 3 weeks - mostly shorter recovery rides. My tendonitis persisted, so over the 4 weeks after that I rode just one recovery ride per week until that 4th week when I did 2 rides. So, that was 9 weeks of either limited or no riding. Then I started building back up to the TOS. And now I’ve been building up since then and am about at the same 4DP numbers I was before my KOS attempt, with my long-ride endurance being the last thing to return. So, long story short… that’s not really your standard KOS recovery. Hopefully your knees held up better than mine and you’ll only need 2-3 weeks of recovery.

3 Likes

My (old army) knees are hurting just thinking about this.

:grimacing:

4 Likes

Foam roller…more foam roller!!

1 Like

Ride for 3 hours in freezing windy conditions :joy::joy:

4 Likes

I’m on my “day after” right now. I’d be so miserable if I had to go to work today. All I want to do is sit on the couch and watch late-night talk shows on my DVR.

2 Likes

That’s a much deserved break. Kick your feet up and enjoy. Maybe wear some compression socks. Otherwise, just bask in the glory.

2 Likes