Sufferlandria Book Club

Hello dear friends. I find good results for motivation in reading books cycling or fitness related, I would like to read some recommendations from sufferlandrians. It’s not easy to choose a book looking at random reviews.

I recently read The Rider by Tim Krabbe. It’s an easy and quick read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Having some road races under your belt probably increases the enjoyment.

4 Likes

I recently read The Racer by David Millar and The Secret Race by Tyler Hamilton. Both are good and worth reading.

2 Likes

The ultra mindset - Travis Macy.
Has great race stories (mostly adventure racing) but also some good additions for the MTP.

2 Likes

This is one of my favorites!

@gerilin Check out this thread for some additional books:

1 Like

@gerilin Also here is another thread with some reading suggestions:

Thank you.

You have good taste Sir :wink:

The Sports Gene by David Epstein. It’s not focused on motivation or mindset, but I found it extremely interesting.

I recently read Range by David Epstein, I liked it a lot. I will read Sports Gener. Thanks.

Thank You Sir for providing this additional info/link - My approach is always to work the mind as much as the body and I like hearing what other fellow Sufferlandrians are learning/ reading.
I’ve seen you posts throughout the forum and you certainly seem to share this approach.

@trainingwheels Sure - happy to help! Full disclosure - I haven’t read most of those books but look forward to doing so at some point.

As the Springs Classics are amongst us, I strongly recommend The Beast, the Emperor and the Milkman.

3 Likes

The 8 on my nightstand including recently read, currently reading, and to be read:
Stand, Katherine Bertine
Range, David Epstein
Rafa, Rafael Nadal & John Carlin
Be Anti-Racist, Ibram X. Kendi
Great by Choice, Jim Collins
Unbroken, Lauren Hillenbrand
Stamped, Jason Reynolds & Ibram X. Kendi
One Way Ticket, Jonathan Vaughters

3 Likes

Thank you very much coach. It’s an honor to be replied by you. BTW I did Team Scream this moorning, great acting performance.

3 Likes