Tool Shed - Most Brutal Workout Ever?

This workout is a beast. Having 5 hammers and a set from the Shovel is really mean!

Shovel intervals are fine but the hammers - I hate them! With my recent HM results I had to dial back MAP to 93% just to get through.

There are hard workouts and then there are evil workouts - and this, for me falls firmly into that category!

Confirms (no surprises) where I am weaker (on new numbers) which is longer MAP efforts - shorter MAP efforts like the Shovel and Revolver I could do all day long (not literally!).

Anyone else have issues with Tool Shed?

1 Like

Yes, it’s a brutal brute. Here’s something I posted a while back over on the Facebook page:

It was a quiet night in the Nine Hammers tavern. Grunter sat in the corner of the room glaring at his drink. His drink was doing its best to avoid his gaze and attempted to crawl out of the mug and hide under the table.
A slightly drunk recent immigrant to Sufferlandria who had just learnt that he could never leave and was attempting to either drown his sorrows, or drink to his good fortune (he wasn’t really sure anymore), decided to go and chat to Grunter.
As he walked across the room, older Sufferlandrians slowly backed away from the corner. They had seen this before and it generally wasn’t pretty. Yeah, 10 hammers worth of not pretty.
The youngster grabbed a recently vacated chair and sat down on it opposite Grunter who was still glaring at his mug. By now, Grunter’s drink was halfway out the front door and gathering speed. The mug was now wondering what it had done wrong.
“So, that Nine Hammers work out is pretty tough hey?” said the youngster. “I heard people say it’s the toughest workout, but I’m not sure it’s tough enough.”
Grunter twitched slightly. At this point many of the older Sufferlandrians started to follow the drink out the front door and make for the hills.
“Do you reckon you could make it any harder? I don’t think you have it in you.” the youngster continued without any concern for his wellbeing.
Grunter finally looked up and stared at the youngster who found himself suddenly and rather unpleasantly violently sober.
“Hold my beer” grunted Grunter and he walked out through the front door. Yes, literally through the door, leaving a Grunter shaped scorched hole in the surprised door.
The youngster remembered to breathe again, and then wondered what beer he was meant to hold as there was no longer a mug on the table. The mug had caught up with the drink and both of them were hiding somewhere further up the valley.

and THAT is hold The Tool Shed was made.

4 Likes