ToS Stage 6 - OPEN! Official Thread

Have to say a HUGE thank you to the two awesome Sufferlandrians who popped onto my live Twitch feed this morning and pushed me through! You know who you are!!! Thank you!

3 Likes

What can I say about these two…anything with yellow/amber in it always instilled fear in me.
But somehow, despite the fatigue, the pain tolerance increases gradually. Maybe thanks to Abi, maybe its just how the stages follow, maybe it’s the “turn down a notch ‘cuz COVID” deal…But I feel strong. I know I’ll regret saying this tomorrow, but the course this year is excellent. Motivating.

Who Dares is great in a way that it shows you what’s possible. That you CAN go deep and you can recover at threshold. Note to self: try to use it during real races. Hard, but just doable.

And The Cure is just hilarious. One of the things I like about Sufferfest so much. Promise I won’t touch doughnuts for a long time, completely cured of C.T.!

P.S. Can’t believe @michael.cotty didn’t insist they’re done standing.

Stage 6 :heavy_check_mark:

8 Likes

Are you twitching every session?

1 Like

Sure am, lisad_nz. The only one I didn’t live stream was the Stage 2 Group Ride as that was a closed session

1 Like

:doughnut: = :nauseated_face:

Stage 6 :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

Starting to worry about tomorrow. Norway was absolutely fine but then did nearly two hours dog walk over very muddy ground, then 3 hours digging to plant a new hedge. I’m absolutely shattered now. Early night for me then up and 05:30 to fit in stage 6 before work.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, just do a stage you can be proud of. Take care of yourself.
Pretty sure you can still crush it! Good luck.

6 Likes

VI. The clutter in my pain cave is matched only by the mess in my head and the fatigue in my legs.
Onwards to victory.

16 Likes

In the bag. Did who dares at 95%, sprints were still harder than usual, then the cure at 100% but I’ve never found it particularly difficult. (Whisper it, are the tempo/FTP sections not a bit too easy?)

2 Likes

Thank you Pierre. That is a lovely reply. Really the sort of support I’ve found since getting my Sufferlandrian passport. Hope you are having a great Tour.

3 Likes

Don’t you know the first rule of the Tour? No gardening!

5 Likes

I twitch after every session, but somehow I don’t think it’s the same thing. :wink:

7 Likes

I’m thinking it’s close!!!

2 Likes

Who needs chamois cream when you pre-chill your kit. Ready for VII.

24 Likes

Hahahahaha

1 Like

So jealous of that kit. Maybe one day.

EFM

3 Likes

I haven’t had a donut in a long time, but after “The Cure” suddenly I want one.

EFM

2 Likes

I love Flanders. Extra motivation today. Get me a bucket. Stage 6 done.

2 Likes

Knighthood is a state of mind, and only takes 10 or so hours of suffering. You can do it!

4 Likes

An excellent stage, “dare” I say I’m feeling good? “Cured?” Really loved today, just what I needed.

Now I’ve a rest day in the bag if I wish, or do I get nail both tomorrow in a blaze of glory (collapsing into a puddle of holy water thereafter).

4 Likes