Dear Coaches… I’m 6 weeks post major abdominal/pelvic surgery. Not cleared by the surgeon as yet but once I am I kind of have the following in mind to get back on the bike and into a plan - would appreciate any thoughts/ comments and general sanity check! Assumes surgeon clears me for peddaling…
- First and foremost I need to do everything within myself at the start (so no full gas suff). I intend to first just get on the bike and pedal a bit (like 5mins) and see how that goes. Do that several times before increasing time on bike and effort - increase everything gradually
- Start some yoga (but again within myself) - I have a core restore class which has a focus on pelvic floor which I’m going to start before more regular yoga. I’m going to start the yoga just with gentle moves and stretches (no downward dog, core etc to begin with)
- Be prepared for the above to be slow hopefully no set backs - remain positive!
- Once I’ve achieved 3 weeks of consistent rides of over 30mins in length with no adverse reaction Start the Fitness Kickstarter plan
- From the Kickstarter plan move into the Grand Fonda plan (I have a postponed 2020 double day sportive in May if it goes ahead and I’m fit)
Now I’ve written this down actually I think once I get the go ahead I will also do the Suf Mental training as that has helped keep me on the straight and narrow during rehab before…
Anyway - comments welcome! Thanks